What kind of books are we looking for?
New and Like-New Pre-K through 5th-grade books
- Story books
- Chapter books
- Leveled readers
- Children’s non-fiction books (that kids would pick out to read for fun)
- Board/toddler books
- Spanish or dual language books
Books we cannot use:
- Books with torn binding, pages or covers
- Books with excess writing
- Books with yellowed/discolored pages
- Religious books
- Workbooks, coloring books, sticker books, puzzle books, etc.
- Reference books, textbooks, or outdated non-fiction books
- Teacher or parenting books/materials (ex: flash cards)
- Audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, etc.
- Books with content that’s inappropriate for children
*We cannot use most library withdrawals. Please contact us first to determine if a library’s deselection parameters align with our guidelines.
For books that don’t fit the guidelines and needs of our program, please help our volunteers by sorting out and donating those books directly to our friends at Better World Books or Books for Development.